Dellhi govt announces “Samman Rashi”
The Kejriwal government approved a ‘Samman Rashi’ of 1 crore each to the family of six bravehearts of Delhi who lost their lives in the line of duty.
. The families of the brave men who will be given the ex-gratia include two officers who were posted with the Delhi Police, three with the Indian Air Force, while one jawan was posted in Civil Defense.
Russia unveils new fighter aircraft Checkmate
▪ Russia, which has given the world the likes . of MiG and Sukhoi, has unveiled a new fighter aircraft named ‘Checkmate!
• The aircraft will compete against US’ F-35 in the international market.
▪ The jet is expected to take to the skies in 2023.
•It has an internal weapons bay designed to preserve its anti-radar shaping and is capable of carrying both air-to-air and air-to-ground ordnance.
NSE Foundation launches a project
▪ NSE Foundation, in partnership with the NITI Aayog and UNICEF, has launched a program to spread awareness on COVID-19 vaccination in India.
•The programme will unite the efforts of the partners and the local district administration to facilitate increased vaccination in remote districts of India.
•The districts which include Nandurbar and Osmanabad in Maharashtra, Karauli in Rajasthan, etc.
11th Mekong-Ganga Cooperation (MGC) meeting
▪ External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar addressed the 11th Mekong-Ganga Cooperation (MGC) meeting on 21 July 2021.
•The MGC initiative comprises six countries India, Cambodia, Myanmar, Thailand, Laos and Vietnam.
•It was launched in 2000 to boost cooperation in a range of areas including connectivity, tourism and culture.
35 new SOs to become operational by Dec
• The National Center for Seismology (NCS) has decided to commission 35 new seismological observatories (SO) by December 2021, taking the strength to 150.
. Additional 100 new observatories will be installed by March 2026.
• The NCS, under the Ministry of Earth Science, is the nodal agency of the government for monitoring and to study earthquakes in and around the country.
Largest Li-ion battery factory to be set up
▪ Lohum has planned to set up India’s largest 3. GWh Li-ion battery factory in Greater Noida.
. Lohum Cleantech is one of the world’s leading Li-ion battery players.
• The proposed factory will also integrate the battery manufacturing capacity of 1 GWh/ 1,000 MWh and 2GWh/ 2,000 MWh of recycling per annum.
•More than Rs 300 crore will be invested in this facility
Binaya Srikanta: HC of India to Tanzania
▪ Binaya Srikanta Pradhan, presently Deputy Chief of Mission in Embassy of India, Moscow has been appointed as the next High Commissioner of India to Tanzania.
• As a diplomat, he served in senior positions in Indian Embassies in Moscow, Turkmenistan, and Pakistan during 2004-12.
▪ Pradhan joined as Deputy Chief of Mission in the Embassy of India, Moscow on June 3, 2019.
First company to manufacture Trifloxystrobin
• Best Crop Science LLP (BCS) has been granted a registration for indigenous manufacturing of Trifloxystrobin Technical, becoming the first agrochemical industry to manufacture it in India.
•The registration has been granted by Central Insecticides Board & Registration Committee.
•Trifloxystrobin is India’s no.1 fungicide in demand and its market size values at Rs. 400 Crores in India.
Philippines: 1st nation to approve golden rice
• The Philippines has become the world’s first country to approve the commercial production of genetically modified “golden rice”!
• The decision made by the Philippines will combat childhood blindness and save lives in the developing world.
• The rice is enriched with the vitamin A-precursor beta-carotene that makes it more nutritional.
To join our whatsapp group-CLICK HERE